Terms & Conditions
- Residential Rules, Terms & Conditions (Below)
- Application Terms & Conditions
With any festival we have to have a few RULES to make sure you’re safe and having a great time. Please take the time to read them before you apply as they contain important information about permissions, eligibility and data protection. These are important rules you must understand before joining our festival. They will be explained to you in greater detail when you arrive.
Please check that your instrument is insured and you have adequate travel and medical insurance (if applicable). It is important to note that Guitar Circus accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal possessions. Money, passports etc. may be handed in to Guitar Circus staff for safe keeping if you wish.
Practice any music provided in advance. As you can imagine, most of your time will be spent playing guitar, so make sure you have clothes that youcan sensibly play in.
- Be on time (always)
- Be kind and friendly to other students
- Attend and join in all timetabled events. Exceptions to attendance for the evening events only apply to the younger students.
- Look after your belongings.
- Stay in your bedroom after bedtime and remain quiet.
- Sign in/out and register as required by the Guitar Circus staff.
- Tell a member of staff if you feel unwell at any time.
- Have your ID card with you at all times.
- Disrespect the staff at any time.
- Leave the campus without permission.
- Smoke, drink alcohol or take drugs.
- Bring or buy knives, weapons or toy guns.
- Swear, fight or bully.
- Drop litter, or chew gum.
- Post any disrespectful. Or abusive comments/footage directed at staff on any social media site.
- Photograph, video, post footage/pictures online of any student(s)/staff without their permission.
- Use your mobile phone, MP3 player or handheld games console in lessons, activities, meetings or after lights out.
- Damage the premises.
- Steal or shoplift.
- Swim without a lifeguard being present.
- Use fire alarms or fire escapes unless in case of an emergency and for emergency exit.
- Go into the accommodation of the opposite sex at any time or swap bedrooms.
- Have any kind of sexual contact with another student.
The Guitar Circus staff act in ‘Loco Parentis’ throughout the course. Should they consider any student’s behaviour inappropriate, action will be taken which may lead to disciplinary action which may include permanent dismissal.
Normal steps in any disciplinary procedure are:
- Verbal warning from Festival Director, who will inform all Guitar Circus staff.
- Written warning from Festival Director, who will inform all Guitar Circus staff and your parents/guardians.
- Extreme action taken could result in your dismissal from Guitar Circus and all future Guitar Circus projects.